May Blog Hop:


My Favourite product from Seasonal Expression 2!



Oh I so love getting a new catalog as it is just like Christmas has come early! I'm glad this is our Seasonal Expressions as there are a number of products I liked and loved. Now if you have come here from Michelle's Blog Page, then you are on the right Blog Hop for May!


I really love our water paper and water paints, but there are times when I have spilled my paint brush water all over the project I am working on. Now we have .....

   Water Brushes! These are brilliant as you can open them up and put the water inside. Then when you want to use them simply take the cap off, gently squeeze them and the water comes out through the brush.  Oh so much fun and NO MESS & No dirty water to clean up afterwards! Here is a short clip to show you a little more information about the brushes.




My 2 lovely children helped me to make the clip and we had lots of fun and a few laughs!
I had even more fun creating this card. First I painted the background using the medium flat brush. There are no mistakes when you paint, as the first water colours I chose were a little too light. So I just added a slightly darker colour on top and it ended up perfect.


 The next part required the use of our A Bunch of Love Think Cuts to cut the Watercolour Paper into the right shape. Then I used Stays On black ink for the outline of the flowers and Happy Birthday to stamp on our Watercolour Paper. As the stamps are flexible I just shaped the title from A Bunch of Love stamp set, to fit into the title ribbon of the stamp. To attach the ribbon I use some Washi tape on the back and then use glue dots to attach the  craft card stock.




Now back to the flowers. I used the small round brush to paint all of the flowers. This was loads of fun as I experimented with colours that I tend not to use, like yellows and oranges. Then to give it a slightly different look I used our Water Colour Pencils to colour in the leaves and then used the small round brush to blend the two greens on the leaves. A little bit of 3D foam tape to lift the flowers up off the card and some bling to complete this card.




This card was inspired from another Close To My Heart Consultant: Tracey Mc Waters. As consultants we love to share ideas and to inspire others to be able to take these ideas in all different directions! I do hope you enjoyed this Blog Hop and that you will continue on to Alison Dunn's Page.

If you would like to purchase any of these product then please visit my web site, and join the May order. And if you would like to make this card it will be available at my next Card Buffet on Thursday 12th May at 10am or 7pm. (cost $20 to make as many cards as you like in 2 hours) Please send me an email if you would like to come or would like to go onto my email list.

Hope you have a lovely day and continue to have fun scrapping,

Cindy Hughes




Comments

  1. Love these new water colour paint brushes BUt what a great way of sticking the ribbon on. Never thought of using washi tape - thanks for an inspiring idea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

July Stamp Of The Month