March Blog Hop Colour challenge

Black, Whisper and Sea Glass!


Oh what a challenge for this month. If you have come from Kerry's Blog then you are on the right track!

Although I like these colours it gave me the freedom that I was not sure what to do! But I was inspired by Alison Dunn as she had recently copied the "My Beautiful Life" page from the Seasonal Expressions catalog (page 22).  Now I have the idea and paper colours ready, do I have the stamp? Yes! Thanks to Close To My Heart, they gave us the B1548 Journaling Prompts stamp at our conference last year. So love all the free goodies we receive at convention!

Lets get started! Sea glass is going to be my base, so the next piece needed to be patterned! I used the D1709 Line It Up Stamp, which came with my new Flower Cartridge for my circuit machine. I didn't need to stamp the entire page, just around the edge. I did miss it in a few spots, went back over it with some random stamping. Look funny now but in the end it will work out. 

Now for each of the background colour blocks. First I did the black ones, dry embossed with the Confetti Stars embossing folder. Then I used my block from my sanding kit to lightly sand off the raised stars to make them look black.


On the Whisper blocks I used whisper ink to stamp with this gorgeous heart stamp. This was another free gift from convention, which can not be bought as it is a gift from Jeanette, who is the founder of our company! Had loads of fun with the random stamping.

The last set of blocks was the glacier, and I decided to use one of the other stamps that came with my circuit collection. It was Playful Patters. Two stamps in the middle of the card made this one very fast to complete.
Now for the title of the page! I really do love our wet embossing, especially gold on black. Then I added the sea glass heart washi tape from Sugar Rush and the Whisper Thick Twine! (I did cheat with the knot, the twine is glued down and then I tied a knot and used glue dots to stick the knot to the twine!) Love this title bar.
Time for me to see how the page is going to look altogether! Absolutely loving how easy it is to pop each of the items onto the page. All I need is a photo and the journalling!
I used 1/2 inch stripes to stamp the titles on, and then dove tailed the ends. To make them stand out a little more I inked the edges with black, sea glass or whisper ink.  When I had written my answers I then trimmed the journalling lines to give a rather uneven look. Some to the topics were easy to answer and others took a little longer. But it was great to not think about it for too long and just to write. So used to telling everyone else's story it was a bit harder to tell my own story.

Here is the final page. My children had fun trying to take photos of me!  I really love that there is a page about me. 

In fact, I really love that my daughter was inspired to do her own page! Here is her page, she choose her own colours and did all her own stamping. Really love how she has embellished her page and put her photo on an angle!

                       

Who is going to have a try at their own Beautiful Life?  If you want to gather a few friends together we could have some fun all creating this page!

To have some more fantastic ideas with our colour scheme this month, hop on over to Alison Dunns Blog.

Happy Scrapping,


Cindy Hughes





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July Stamp Of The Month