September Blog Hop...... "Copy This"

How fantastic! We have looked through the Annual Expressions and "copied" an item that we really love! I had so much fun, although it was a little hard to pick which item to copy.  If you have come here from Wendy Watson's lovely page then you are on the right track.

This is what I decided to copy:
It is on page 29. I really love the natural papers. And they will go so nicely with my Dad's old YHA photos. I decided just to so the same base for both pages. Cut the outer strips at 3 inches and the middle wood pattern paper at 6 inches.



Next I cut the gold embossed sheet at 1/2 inch strips. As this paper is sheer, I used the Bonding Memories Glue to stick it to the page. Oh so easy.


Next was the exciting part when I picked some of my Dad's old YHA photos to go on the page. It was really nice working with our colour of the year Sea Glass! Too many photos for me to individually mount, so mounted them in blocks! And the photos were a little uneven so blocks made for a few less headaches of getting it straight.


Time to add some titles. The YHA was stamped with Archival Black using Marker Alphabet. I stamped them twice so as to give the rich deep look.  The greenery was from Blessed Beyond Measure (September Stamp Stamp of the Month) and stamped with New England Ivy Ink. 


So now the pages are complete, photos, title and a bit of journalling. Love how easily they all came together and here are another set of my Dad's photos preserved for the future.

I hope you have enjoyed this blog hop with Copy That! Take a couple more clicks and see what Alison Dunn has done on her wonderful page. 

Happy Scrapping,

Cindy Hughes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July Stamp Of The Month